Strikethrough text is represented by words that have a line running horizontally through their center. Think of it as a visual "cancel" mark. It indicates that the text should be overlooked or no longer holds relevance in its current context.
Practical Uses of Strikethrough Text
- Document Edits: Drafting a document and have second thoughts about a line? Instead of erasing it completely, you can use strikethrough to indicate intended removal. This way, your readers can see both the original and the revised content.
- List Management: Working on a to-do list? Use strikethrough to mark off completed tasks. It's a visual indicator of what's done and what's still pending.
- Retail Discounts: Displaying a slashed original price next to a discounted one? Strikethrough is your go-to option. It draws attention and emphasizes the deal at hand.
- Online Sarcasm: On social platforms or informal channels, strikethrough can be used to convey humor or sarcasm, allowing you to say two things at once.
- Website Corrections: Made an error in a blog post or web article? Use strikethrough on the incorrect part and then present the corrected info. It showcases transparency with your audience.
- Design Choices: Sometimes, it's not about content. Strikethrough can be used for its visual appeal, adding flair to design elements.
Whether you're drafting, designing, or even joking around, the strikethrough has a multitude of uses. Familiarize yourself with it, and you'll find numerous occasions where it adds clarity, style, or both to your content.
Paste from Clipboard Button
A quick and intuitive method for importing your text into the text editor. Clicking on this button instantly reads the current content of your clipboard and places it into the textarea. This feature is particularly useful for handling large blocks of text or when you're swiftly transitioning between applications. Please note that the button's functionality is reliant on your browser's permissions, and it may ask for your consent to access the clipboard.
Copy to Clipboard
Copies the entire text present in the text field to your system's clipboard. It allows you to easily paste the transformed text into any other application or file. Useful when you need to transfer the processed text without manually selecting and copying it. Please note that any previous content on your clipboard will be replaced.
When you've finished editing and wish to save your work, clicking this button will trigger the download of a text file containing the content currently in the textarea. The downloaded file will automatically be named using a format that includes the first few words of the text, the last action performed on the text, and a timestamp, making it simple to identify and organize your files. Whether you're crafting an important document or simply playing around with various case styles, the "Download Text" button provides an easy way to keep a local copy of your work.
Clears the text field, removing any content that was previously entered.